Favorite Masks for Healthy Skin



With so many different face masks on the market it's hard to know which ones to choose for your skin type.  I'm a sucker when it comes to skincare, so I've tried just about everything there is and these are the ones that work for me and all my skincare needs!

I have combination oily skin and my skin breaks out SUPER easily.  I also get really painful cystic acne that can sometimes last for months and leave pretty bad scars.  With the amount of makeup I have to wear when I'm on set, for events, or shooting for the blog, my pores can get pretty clogged so I try to not wear make up when I can and take some extra steps to take care of my skin.

I have found that using some combination of all of these masks, at least one a day, has really transformed my skin! It keeps my break outs at bay while boosting the radiance of my overall complexion.  Check out each product below to see why I love it and how often I use it.

CLEAR SKIN AHEAD

ORIGINS CLEAR IMPROVEMENTS & OUT OF TROUBLE These masks are my new favorites! The Out of Trouble mask I like to use when my skin is looking pretty good and I wanna keep it that way and the Clear Improvements I tend to use when I have some blackheads or some acne that I wanna clear up.  I want to try more from the Origins line because the masks work so well and are so reasonably priced.  You leave them on for about 10 to 15 minutes, wash off and you're good to go.  I love using these right after the shower while my pores are still open from the steam.  I always use some moisturizer right after as to not dry out the skin too much.  They are also great right before bed.  These masks are not too strong and can use everyday if you want!




MARIO BADESCU SUPER COLLAGEN MASK I was recommended this mask by a makeup artist on a project I was working on.  She swore by these products.  I had tried some of them before and wasn't very impressed, but because she loved it so much I gave it another go and I'm so glad I did.  This mask is enriched with collagen to help plump and smooth the skin.  It delivers light hydration and reduces the look of fine lines to reveal firmer, smoother, more youthful-looking skin.  I love to use this mask after the shower or at night when I feel like my skin is looking a little dull.  It brings back some radiance while keeping me looking young!  It's NEVER too early to start fighting signs of aging.









LEROSETT SPOT TREATMENT AND FACIAL MASK FOR PROBLEM SKIN Now if that product name doesn't describe my skin I don't know what does.  I was given this mask from the most amazing esthetician I have ever met while I was shooting The Quad in Atlanta.  She worked magic on my skin and would use the mask on my full face and I'm gonna be real with you.. it is not fun. It tingles and itches like CRAZY for about a minute but then it settles and you will see the clearest skin of your life!  I don't overuse this because it can be drying so maybe only 2 times a week, but I do use it for spot treatment all the time!



RENEE ROULEAU TRIPLE BERRY SMOOTHING PEEL & RAPID RESPONSE DETOX MASQUE These items are definitely on the pricier side of things but I wanted something that would help with my dark spots and scars and these do just that.  You use the Berry Peel first.  It definitely has a little tingle to it, but it is the most amazing smell you have ever smelled in your life!  Next you apply the Detox Masque which is a beautiful, sparkly gold and it feels like you are rubbing fanciness on your face.  You just feel glamorous doing this routine.  It is super strong so I only do it about once a week.  I try to only do this one at night before bed or on a day when I'm not leaving the house because it is pretty time consuming but totally worth it!




HYDRATING HEROS






SUMMER FRIDAYS This mask was inspired by those times that you travel and your skin gets completely dried out and cracky from the airplane.  On my last trip to Florida that's exactly what happened to my skin and it was miserable, so I decided to give this mask a try.  It claims to soothe thirsty, stressed-out skin by steeping cells in a nourishing mix of vitamins, ceramides, antioxidants and gently exfoliating extracts.  I love it for a quick, almost spot treatment hydration because its not too thick.  I also use it as an overnight mask too.  I have yet to use it while traveling, so check back in for that after the holidays!




GLAM GLOW - THIRSTYMUD Hydrating Treatment This is my heavy duty, my skin is going crazy, BIG GUNS hydrator! GLAMGLOW was originally designed for exclusive professional backstage use, but is now available for everyone!  If I've had a bad reaction to some new products or my skin feels extra dry, I put this on for about 20 minutes and then my skin is like new again!  If it's a real emergency, I will sometimes leave it on all night, but be sure to wash this off really well in the morning because it is super thick!





What are some of your favorite masks?  Have you tried any of these before? Let us know in the comments or on Instagram!


CHECK OUT WHERE TO BUY THE PRODUCTS!



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!